To protect the health and safety of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve set up solutions that help Social Carers host bookings online.
If you're interested in connecting with your Members via a phone or video call, here are some tips on how to make it happen!
Choose a video conferencing service
Like Family now includes the option to book online with any Member, regardless of their location. We recommend using video conferencing services like Google Meet, Zoom or Jitsi (though check with your Member first to see if they have a preference).
Do you both have Apple devices? If so...
- Exchange numbers with your Member and add them as contacts on your phone.
- At the time of booking, go to the contacts app on your phone.
- Create a new contact or tap on the already existing contact.
- Tap the video button to start a video call.
If not, you can use Google Meet on your phone:
- Download Google Meet on your phone from the App store or Google Play.
- Follow the instructions to get started. Give access to your camera and contacts.
- Exchange phone numbers with your Member.
- If they are not yet a contact on your phone, add them as a new contact by entering their phone number in.
- If they are already a contact on your phone, you'll be able to send them an invitation.
Create a booking
Select the “video or phone” option when you request a booking. The person receiving the booking request will also see an indication that this is a video booking.
A video booking must be a minimum of 30 minutes long.
Ideas for online bookings
What you do during an online booking is up to your imagination, and your Member's goals! Some of our Members have used video and phone bookings for:
- help with homework
- online games
- casual chats
- watching movies together
- life skills
Our Members love online bookings!
One of our Members, Brooke, told us:
We use the phone as I have a vision impairment, but it's great to have a time to just talk, like we did before and tell each other what we've been up to... We have been able to continue with thinking of ways to work towards fulfilling my goals and just because of the isolation it doesn't have to stop. It's important to keep in contact with those who matter.
Create an online booking today
That's everything you need to know about online bookings!
If you have any further questions or feedback, please reach out to our friendly Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org