From Monday 23rd August, new restrictions will apply to the LGA's of concern;
- A curfew will be introduced from 9pm to 5am. You are allowed to travel during these times for the purpose of providing care.
- Outdoor exercise will be limited to 1 hour per day.
- Aged care, childcare, and disability workers in the LGA's of concern must have their first vaccination dose by August 30th to continue providing services.
- From August 28th, workers who work outside their LGA of concern are required to carry a workers permit declaring they are an authorised worker (Social Carers providing care and support are authorised workers).
- Mask wearing will be mandatory when outside your home, except when exercising.
We strongly encourage all Social Carers on the platform to be vaccinated regardless of what Members you support.
What do you need?
As you are working as an essential worker, you will be required to show proof of service at the time of getting your vaccination. This letter states you are providing core support services to clients within the community who have care requirements due to disability and ageing.
Where to book your vaccination?
Information on how to book your vaccine appointment can be found at the Department of Health.
Keeping a record of your vaccination
As vaccinations for aged care, childcare, and disability workers become mandatory, please ensure that you keep a record of your vaccination as this may be requested from you in the future.
COVID-related Frequently Asked Questions
A few of you have been asking us for guidelines around bookings, wearing masks, etc., so we’ve summarised the current advice and a few safety tips. Read the COVID-19 FAQs here.
Please stay safe, and reach out for support when needed. Our team is always here to help you.
The Team at Like Family